Saturday, February 19, 2011

Workout challenge Weeks 4-5-6

For weeks 4 & 5 I want you guys to be your own task masters. I have given you lots of workouts these past weeks. But I really want to know if you can do it on your own. We have seen incredible body changes during our intense workouts- learning that intensity works. BUT its not the only kind of workout, and all are helpful. We need to figure out what our own bodies like and need. Learn to challenge ourselves. The goal here is weight loss, and getting healthy. We need to set habits we can keep LONG after "the bet". Setting a workout habit that works for you and your own body, and is something you can do after this competition is over, is part of that.

So I am giving a two week challenge. Worth 50 points. Your goal is to have a balanced workout week. Each week. I think a balanced workout week is 2 days of rest, 2 days of moderate intensity, and 3 days of intense workouts. (BUT its not about me and what I think.) I want you guys to figure out what works for you. You pick your workouts. You decide the intensity. You do it without me pushing you. You keep track and let me know why you think it was balanced for you, and why you decided to do what you did. Good luck.

Now, I know what you are all thinking..... FREEDOM!! YAHOO!!!!! And it is, so enjoy it. :)

No points for posting, or pics. You may of course post, but it is entirely up to you. :) Please keep track of all your workouts so that you may email me the details when you are done.

Now, for week 6- assuming you still want me to help with the workouts- I say repeat week 1's workouts. Running is a big calorie burner. Its hugely efficient in not only developing good cardiovascular health, but also in building your leg muscles. So even though I know you all hate it- I would repeat the running workouts of week 1 during week 6. Lets see how far you've come in six weeks of training! The points will be the same for week 6 as they were on week 1. I will be in New Zealand until Thursday of that week, but will check back in with you when I get back.

Until then

-L.

2 comments:

Jenergy said...

No points for posting or pics!? You mean that we can only get points by extreme physical exertion? Oh.. this is going to be a long week but I am up for the challenge! I'm kind of excited to see what workouts I can come up with and combine. Sweet.

A word of warning though, if people forget to post stuff and it gets boring on here, don't think that I won't post something on your behalf... in your voice. Just a heads up.

Anonymous said...

Also, please don't abandon us to our slacker ways...