Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why do I do this?

Its no secret that I have had some health problems. LOTS of health problems. My body pretty much hates me. With things like bipolar disorder, anxiety, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and other stuff... life can be a bit challenging. But exercise has always helped me cope. ALWAYS. It helps level out my depression issues, it helps me feel less anxious and more in control, it has obvious health benefits to my body, and it keeps my joints strong. BUT all this is not really the reason WHY I do it- personally. Exercise is my own happy place. It helps me be a better mom, and wife. It helps me feel like I am putting an example of fitness for my kids, and of working THROUGH life's problems not avoiding them. It clears my head.
So, its "me" time- and its kind of- for my kids and family too. I never feel guilty for working out. I don't feel guilty for going to the doctor, or going to the physical therapist, so why would I feel guilty for the time it takes to maintain a healthy or recover my healthy body? Its a necessary part of my life. I will never look like a super model, but the other benefits I have are still SO worth it to me. Stability, strength, health, and happiness. What are the reasons you work out?




Me and my kids Christmas 2010. They are a big part of my reason for wanting to stay healthy. :)

-L.

PS- work hard in your workouts this week girls!! You can do it!

3 comments:

Crystal Hendrix said...

Why do I workout....hmmm because I need to so I can loose weight?? I haven't gotten to that happy part yet. But I do feel good and feel like I have accomplished something after my workouts.

Anonymous said...

I workout cause it makes me feel like freakin' Robocop! ... which isn't at all sexy... and is kinda awkward...

Anyway, I like to sweat! ...

crap, that didn't sound any better either...

Jenergy said...

Hahaha.. robocop!

I work out because I like to have muscle that will make me burn more calories throughout the day and those "once in a while" foods don't creep up on me. Calories in, calories out.