Saturday, February 19, 2011

I am getting a wiff of.....

of something like burnout. Its the elephant in the room no-one WANTS to talk about. But I think we should. To be honest, I am not sure its totally here yet- but I think its heading our direction. At least with a few of us. Do any of you feel this way? Is the "bet" taking its toll? We are in that hard middle part of the journey. The excitement from the beginning is starting to wear off... and maybe the intensity, or structure, or pressure is getting to you; but the end is not yet in sight.

What is burnout?

Burnout is a state of emotional, mental, and physical exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. It occurs when you feel overwhelmed and unable to meet constant demands. As the stress continues, you begin to lose the interest or motivation that led you to take on a certain role in the first place.



Rather than do nothing as we watch our burn out creep up upon us.... lets mix it up a bit. Reduce the stress. Fight the burn out. Anyone have any ideas?

I know your next workout challenge is going to address this issue a bit- pressure will be lifted! BUT it will be hard in a different way, trust me.... I will post it later tonight.


Lauren

Ideas?

No comments: