Thursday, February 17, 2011

An Amazing thing.....

Oh I feel really good today....

Remember when DC said she hates the "diet" word and is trying to train herself how to eat and what to eat, to become healthier and learn to eat right? Well I agree 100% with her! I don't like the word diet either and I think that if you use that you are 99% sure to gain it all back. So I have been learning to cut portions and to eat healthier.

Last night we have Apple's BBQ (okay) for dinner and some chocolate. I could definitely tell that my eating habits have changed and I could actually listen to my body and know that I was full! I didn't need to eat more. I used to just eat everything in front of me and finish my plate. But I was able to leave tons left and felt good! And with chocolate after dinner, I only had a piece of eat chocolate (Trav got 3 different bars) and I was satisfied!

Okay so some might think, umm yeah that's what I did all the time. But for me this is awesome, because I didn't get to the size that I am today from eating like that....I would gorge myself with food.

Happy Crystal
I think I have a long ways to go to fully understand myself more and to get things completely learned but I feel the start of things, which is the first step! So I just wanted to share with everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah yeah!! Good post!

Crystal Hendrix said...

Thank you :D I feel that you are the only one that reads...well no that's not true...just during the day :D

Jenergy said...

I think that is what it comes down too, NOT dieting but eating healthy and stopping at an appropriate amount... That includes getting enough to eat, which is hard to do in the mornings! Slow and steady makes you healthy but also not giving up just because you had a bad day, meal or even week. Great work this week with figuring out your eating plan!

lauren said...

Good job!! Good post!