Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quick check in from DC...

Hey Ladies! So, I don't know how everyone else is feeling, but I'm pretty happy with how this little contest is going. I've seen some serious changes in body appearance, weight, nutrition habits, exercise habits and overall self-confidence! I know that Phase 1 was good, but Phase 2 has been HUGE people, HUGE! I think most of the credit for this phase really needs to rest with our sadistic task-master, Lauren. I don't think any of us would have pushed ourselves out of our comfort zones exercise-wise without her help. I, for one, have really not only improved my overall health, but have learned that I can accomplish waaaaay more than I ever really gave my self credit for... so thanks LaLa!!


Here are my stats:

Weight - 179.2lbs .... -2.8lbs (bring on the YoYo :/ )
Chest - 36.5"
Bust - 40"
Waist - 34.5" .... -.25"
Belly - 36.5" .... -2"
Hips - 41"
Butt - 41.75" .... +.25" its getting rounder baby! ;)
Thighs - 24.25"
Calves - 15"
Arms - 12.5"





Yummy!

As you can see, I've made lots of progress, but I still have TONS to go! Literally... So I intend to keep busting my butt on LaLa approved torture sessions.

What is your Plan??

Now, for a little contest business:

We took a break from the food challenges last week, but I'm ready to get back in gear. I have a three-fold plan for our next steps...

Step 1: Keep a food journal!

Now, most of us are already doing this, but here's the twist... you need to post your daily food journal ON THE BLOG. That's right girls, the silent followers want us to show them what we are eating and if we really are committed to changing our bodies and lives.

Step 2: Drinkin' da H2O!

Each of us needs to be keeping hydrated and eating our calories NOT drinking them. The minimum amount of water each of us should be drinking daily is your weight in ounces. For example, I weight 179, so I need to be drinking 179 oz of WATER daily... that's 10 bottles a day. I'll be nice and cap it at 8 bottles (135 oz) BUT this is PURE WATER... no additives (except lemon/lime).



Both of these steps will begin WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 23rd... and continue until MARCH 6th.
They are both worth 10 points each, IF you do all 10 days.
Relax... there is a method to my madness...
Step 3: CLEANSE!!!
Let me say this upfront; this is a completely optional challenge. I understand that it is NOT for everyone, and I respect that. It will run from March 7 - 16; that's 10 days. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FULL 10 DAYS IF YOU WANT THE POINTS. It will be worth 15 points; those who do not want to participate, I will come up with an alternate challenge worth 10 points. Why would you do this challenge?? It will make a HUGE change in your body; it will help you push past plateaus, increase your bodies ability to absorb vitamins, and master your cravings.
If you want to participate in this challenge, please let me know and I will get you the info. It takes some planning to be successful, so don't wait! (prepare yourself... there will be many many green things involved...)

4 comments:

Crystal Hendrix said...

Well I am glad I am finally getting back to this on Wednesday!! So those 5....count them 5 YES 5 doughnuts I ate this morning, I do actually need to count them????

I will do this wonderful clense and try it out, only if I get the junk for free!!! I would like to try some more of this advocare stuff becasuse 1 I trust Lauren and 2 she really likes it and 3 believes in it and 4 DC seems to like it too.

So count me in!

Crystal Hendrix said...

Also DC you have been doing AWESOME! keep up the great work!

lauren said...

I want my sports bra back!!

Now that we have that part out of the way, I am glad you are seeing changes! You are doing awesome, rawsome, roo!

And cleanse is one of those eeewww gross words... am I right? right.

Anonymous said...

Deep CLEANSING breaths...

I'll bring it back to you tomorrow, and yes, I will wash it first.