Monday, February 14, 2011

Questions Questions Questions

Lauren you are definately trying to kill us this week!!! These workouts are very creative and interesting!

I do have some questions:

1. When doing the burpees and jumping jacks...this jumping hurts my knees more than anything, so from the very beginning, can I do a modified version? I know how to do one for the jumping jacks but as for the burpees I am not sure, unless I actually just do step backs.

2. When doing Yoga, if we have a workout video already can we start doing that untiIl we can find the time to go to a class? And what if we cannot go to a class at all this week? Can we still get points for doing the yoga workouts?

3, When doing workout #3: Burpees until you die! After each rep can we take a rest? I know tat I will definately need to!! And is there no set time on it? Then as far as the repeats, if you don't give us a rest time and/or you don't give us a time limit for it, we can make our own rest time to get us through the workout?

That is all that I have now. I am planning on looking up some of these different exercises. I probably know what they are but know them under a different name! Maybe in the future we can convince you to do a demonstration video! Get Lauren on tape for us!

Thanks! Hopefully none of us will die this week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! If you need help making it to one of the classes, let me know. I can go any of the nights and I'm already planning on the saturday morning one with Twin.

Also, I had to modify the Burpees for my knees too. I did a quick step back rather than both feet together jumping.

How are you modifying your jumping jacks? I know I had to modify mine... but for other reasons ;)

You'll see soon enough!

Crystal Hendrix said...

What time are you going on Saturday Morning and where???

K I will do that for the burpees....as for the jumping Jacks, on my Biggest Loser dvd's they have you step out on each leg, for a side step. Does that makes sense? Maybe I will take a video of me doing them so you know :D

Also I had one more question I thought of. For the Being Honest part of posts to get 2pt. Is that for the whole week or for each honest post of workout?

Anonymous said...

We are going to the Orem Rec at 10 am Saturday.

I'm thinking she means complete transperency for the whole week... ??

lauren said...

Its 2 pts for transparency PER post.

Also I am going to say no to the yoga request. Its worth SO many points because making the classes is more difficult. AND more beneficial at this stage. If I can get you all to a class or two- I have a yoga dvd that I will pass out that you can start doing from home- next week. If you can't get there this week, do another one of the workouts. :)

Also The burpees if you cant jump- just REACH all the way up each time and step back and step up. The important part is to push yourself. Dont hurt yourself. So if your knees can't handle it- or if they can only handle a few- just work HARD!

On the burpee workout there is no time limit for any of it- just get it done and workout smart!! Rest if you need- whatever.
:)

Crystal Hendrix said...

Okay thanks Lauren!!! And that sucks for the Yoga class, but I understand!!! I will check to see what my schedule is like for this week and maybe we can hit one of the morning classes together. Depending on what Twin and Trainer are doing they can come too. But who knows!!!!

DC I will definitely try to come to Saturday...sorry if you wanted a quite little date with Twin....nope!!!