Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ok, Here I go.... again

I know that I am not part of Crystals "bet" but I have New Year's resolutions of my own. And I have to admit- Crystal's posts have made me want to join the Jelly once more. I have a big trip coming up in March.... NEW ZEALAND!! Can you freaking believe it? And the part I am most excited about- Lord of the Rings was filmed there(yes, yes, I know I am a big dork...)!!! But I got to get my handicapped butt into shape. So I am making a plan!

I need cardio!! And I can only swim so much! It makes me crazy!! So... My goal is to run at least 3 days a week, more if I can (body permitting). I want to log somewhere between 10-15 miles a week for the month of January. Upping that to 15-20 miles a week in February... This may be a lofty goal- but I am gonna try!!

Also I need to figure out something to build my muscle back up. I still don't think that my wrists are strong enough to actually handle lifting weights. So for upper body I think I will try yoga(or maybe not- this scares me!), or bands. Suggestions and workout ideas welcome!!!! (Just remember I cant even support my body in plank pose on my dang wrists... so I need to be able to work with that... annoying). My legs are going to get weights, and get lunged to death. Thats right peeps, I am finally strong enough in my ankles and knees to do lunges again.... watch out! I am hoping 2 days a week of muscle building will get me headed in the right direction.

Also a side note.... any spine friendly ab routines are always welcome.

Working out can be such a pain, I freaking hate RA sometimes... but I gotta get a bit of the old Lauren back- and this is one thing thats going to help me do it.

Anyway I am not going to post my numbers, just lbs lost as I work on my goals. And Mari? I miss your workout posts so you need to jump back on the jelly bandwagon too.... ok? ok!

Lauren

ps- if anyone out there wants to join our jelly blog to keep themselves motivated, or just simply to have some fun- I am officially inviting you. Jeni? Britney? Katie? Anyone????? :)

5 comments:

Crystal Hendrix said...

I am glad you are not posting your numbers, I think I would have to kill myself!

You can give exercise tips for us exercised challenged people!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I love it! The newfound love and motivation for the Jelly is making me happy! And trust me, after mexico I have allllllll the motivation I need...I almost drowned in the ocean because I was too tired from the "swimming" which was more like floating with the occasional jump over the wave so I wouldn't get clobbered....anyway, long story short...I came home ready to work out!

Anonymous said...

I think we will need to add a "at home" segment... ya know, like on Biggest Loser??

I think it would be awesome to have everyone do before and after pics and post tidbits about their goals! Plus, this is a journey for all of us... and you are re-learning a bit yourself...

Go 80-year woman!! GO GO!!!

lauren said...

I am not posting pics. I am under absolutely no obligation to join the lola insanity..... you all have fun... ;)

Jeni said...

So I am thinking about taking your challenge, Lauren. I'm not sure I have anything interesting to contribute but it sounds fun and I DESPERATELY need some motivation to get back into working out! I will ask Mari about info for posting and maybe you all will be hearing from me soon.