Friday, January 7, 2011

Insignificant Contributions: Part 1

Although I have the largest bicep muscles of the group, I fear that I may not have much to contribute to the current wave of posts. The combination of wit, sarcasm, LOLA photos, and Crystal's continued use of the phrase "I digress"...have been the FUNNIEST THINGS I'VE SEEN ON JELLY IN AGES! AMAZING!!! You girls are inspiring! I am loving your enthusiasm and overall this bet seems like a rockin' idea. 


2011 brings new challenges for me regarding my personal fitness and health. Recovering from foot surgery for the past year has changed everything (eating habits, exercise, and overall motivation). Now that I am approaching my 1 year anniversary of the much regretted surgery I am OVER IT. Now I am ready to re-commit and work through the pain, I'm over my feet being my excuse.

A very talented personal trainer, who studied nutrition and is certified in all of the important stuff...basically she knows whats up, has a blog. The blog is packed with useful information, work out tips, recipes and more. http://peace-love-fitness.blogspot.com/  Maybe you will find some of the information useful too! Her name is Ashley, she teamed up with another trainer (Rachel) and they both contribute to the blog. If you have Q's etc they will send you answers etc. Ashley is an awesome trainer out here in CA & a best friend of mine. 

Okay, enough of the boring stuff! My goals are not as exciting as yours, but will be pretty hard for me. My habits are awful!! I am going to be setting goals for myself each month, rather than a large yearly goal.

 JANUARY 2011
1- Week 9th-15th Work out 4x, No Carbs after 4pm
2. Week 16th-22nd Work out 4x, No Sweets/Dessert etc. ALL WEEK
3. Week 23rd- 29th, Work out 5x, Cook healthy dinner min 3 nights this week

 And Finally, by FEB 10th be able to get my left foot into a high heel! Currently it's looking a bit like this! I want to be Cinderella not sister-ugly-face!!
 My big toe won't bend and I can't support my weight because of it. 
My right foot? Totally healed. 
I have no idea why my left is SO behind. But I'M OVER IT! 
So, why Feb 10th? 
Because Feb 13th I fly to NYC for Fashion Week. 
Need I say more?

Wish me luck next week, the no carbs after 4pm is gonna be HARD!!

-Mari

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come you are so much funnier than me??!!!!! LOL! I think you should just pretend your foot is better than it will stop acting like a little punk and shape up!

Good Luck with the no carbs and I plan to use I digress at leaast three twelve more times....

Anonymous said...

and for those of you who don't know... three twelve is a fancy way of saying ALOT! ;)