Friday, October 24, 2008

Memories...

So...

Right now I'm obviously trying to shed YEARS of weight off me. I'm happy with how it's going, I'm losing weight and my clothing size is going down. People tell me that I look great; I love this. It's a whole new life-style and this is the way I need to live from now on. But I have to admit that every once in a while, I miss my "old" life-style. Just a little, not a lot, but a little.

Like right now...

You know what I miss the most? The late night "I-finally-got-the-kids-in-bed-and-I-deserve-a treat" snack while I watch a little TiVo. It was so glorious!! In fact, there is a unbelievably yummy coffee cake staring me down as we speak... I just want to cut myself a good sized slice and watch a little Ugly Betty, is that so wrong?? So, I'm trying to resist this temptation and just watch TV without a snack. BUT I know that if I try to watch TiVo tonight in this kitchen, I will cave. So, instead, I'm distracting myself with this blog post while I'm waiting for the appetite suppressant and sleeping pill to kick in and help me sleep away the tempations.

Wait... that doesn't sound any healthier, does it???
Hmmmmm....

5 comments:

Mari Elizabeth Couture said...

ahahhah! I LOVE IT! We all suffer through the "snack while I watch tivo" TRUST ME!! I hear ya! Good job on resisting, but you SERIOUSLY ARE AN ADDICT! Caffeine ALLLL DAY & then sleeping pills & OMG- you seriously are going to give your poor little heart the hardest time! NO MORE CAFFEINE OR SLEEPING PILLS I MEANT IT! (does anybody have a peanut??) LOVE YOU! Good Job on resisting!!
~Mari

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd think that was funny! For the record though, I only took a tylenol PM and I actually had very little caffiene yesterday... only 1 Sunkist, I think?

lauren said...

Bring on the caffeine...I love it! As far as sleeping pills, WHATS the point? Just stay up an extra hour and play!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

OMG Lauren is crazy. And PS the rest of us can't sleep in til NINE so staying up isn't an option! haha. I love you! & Crystal I seriously am going to have an intervention with you when I come to UT for Thanksgiving, prepare yourself!

Anonymous said...

WHHHHAAAAAT???? I'm COMPLETELY in control of my substance abuse! I don't have a problem people... DON"T TAKE AWAY MY PRECIOUS!!!!