Monday, March 21, 2011

I will continue to go.....

Okay well who knows where everyone is, but I will continue....I will endure!!! (It doesn't sound as cheesy in my head)

So I still have my goal of running a 5k this summer. I have been trying to keep running segments in my exercise, and even though it hasn't been as regular (every day) as I would like, I try. This week I made a goal of running 1 mile without stopping. I haven't ever done this before, I think even in Elementary I walked a little bit. So today I just went for it, going in with a thought of I want to run 1 mile, if I can't I will just go as far as I can.

So I began, did my workout and......I DID IT!!!! I ran my FIRST MILE!!! YAHOOOO!!!! Me a 260ish pound woman running 1 mile!!! AWESOME!!! So you may be thinking, cool, how fast did you go? Well I didn't run as fast as I am trying to get up to mostly because I wasn't as sure how long it would take me, and I wanted to endure. So I set my speed at 3.8 and went for it. I finished my mile in 15:50 minutes! Oh I am soooo proud of myself!! Even after my run, I walked afterwards....just 4 minutes!! And started running again! It is almost easier for me to run than walk now! Weird!!!

Now since I have already met my goal of running a mile....my goal is to shorten each of my miles each time this week. So I will work on getting my time down on my mile....so that means upping my speed. Tomorrow I plan to try 4.0 and do the whole mile, and if I have to....drop back down to 3.8 again. But I think I can do it. Tonight I worked REALLY hard on not focusing on how long I have been running, or even how far I have actually gone. I like to count along (is this a "learned" autism thing?) and listen to my music, but I think I put in tons of mental effort. So anyway.....I just wanted to share....

I RAN MY FIRST MILE!!!!!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! Seriously impressed!

Jenergy said...

Wow that is a huge accomplishment! Great job!

Jenergy said...

Wow that is a huge accomplishment! Great job!

lauren said...

You are so freaking cool! I love it!

Crystal Hendrix said...

Thanks!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am beyond excited for you!! Keep it up girlie!!