Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mari's Update

Isn't Chris doing awesome? He is totally showing me up! I have been really proud of his progress.
I have decided I am going to incorporate more weights & yoga into my routine. I have been sticking solely to a training schedule I got for the half marathon, but I am not seeing the results I want & realize I probably need a little more muscle on my bod! (plus everyone else here is doing it, I'm left out!) I used to do yoga quite a lot & miss it. I need it to help me stretch & recover from my runs (I am getting so tight I am as inflexible as a man now!) I haven't made time for it because of work & all this running, but I really need to. Here is what I did this week, followed what I hope to do in the upcoming week:
My week in review:
Monday- light weights
Tuesday: ran 3.5m(treadmill)
Wednesday:stair mill 3.0miles
Thursday:ran 3.6m (with hills)
Friday:rest
Saturday:cycle class 60min
Sunday(today): was supposed to run, but got sick! Boo!

My Goals for this week:
Monday:Yoga, lift arms, chest, back & abs--run if time permits
Tuesday:4m run
Wednesday: 2m cardio, lift legs
Thursday:4m run
Friday:rest
Saturday:40min cardio, yoga
Sunday: 6m run

I may switch Friday & Sunday depending on how work goes. Hopefully with yoga & weights I will be able to keep up with you weight junkies.

On a side note, in order to prepare for my half, I am running two smaller races in between. My first is in two weeks: March 21st a 5k. I have been training at a 10min mile pace, and simply hope to maintain or slighly beat that.

1 comment:

lauren said...

Love it! Great Post! Your running is awesome! I am so proud. :)