Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cutting Carbs=MooOOoooody Mari

It has been about 6 days of my "low carbs" diet--dont get me wrong, there are still carbs in my life, i cannot bare to lose them completely. However, just cutting back has been so hard for me! A)because I realize how many "carbs" I eat on a regular basis & let me tell you, its 90% of all the things I consume B)i get so moody without them! Sounds silly right? It's totally true. I am not a the optimal "low carb" diet level--but like all things with me, its one step at a time!
Workouts for me have been consistent, but not HARD. I have come to grips with the fact that I am a crappy personal trainer. I can't push myself to that high intensity level. I do work out, I sweat, and I get really tired--but I dont have that "man I am BEAT" feeling--or the super soreness the next day. I REALLY WANT TO THOUGH! I just dont know how. Its totally mental..
I am not doing as much weights as I probably should, but its really hard to find time to fit in all the cardio I have to do for my half marathon training + weights. Thats like 2hours at the gym after a 10 hour day at work--I would maybe see Chris for a total of 1hour. So after I finish my Half at the end of may I will cut back my cardio so I can build & tone.

Good news is, I am running on avg. of 4.5 2 days a week & 6miles once a week. & I have to tell you my hamstrings are SO TIGHT since I have done so much running, no matter how much I stretch!

3 comments:

manhattan crew said...

keep pushing it!!! I am very proud of you! And remember, you cannot keep up the low carb diet forever....so stick to it until your vacay!

And trust me when I tell you that Carlo and I DEFINITELY know what you mean about the moody-ness! I mean, he and I alternate being evil while we are training/dieting.

You're almost done! Keep it up!
amms

lauren said...

I cant do low carb! who am i kidding! i cant do diets!!! hold strong mari!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari! I'm just seeing how things are going for you! You're def inspirational! :) I'm just getting larger and larger each day... So I'm interested in what low-carb diet you are doing? Are you counting carbs at all? This is right up my alley and I did my senior thesis on high protein/low carb diets! I love seeing what people are doing, and the rational behind it... I'd love to hear!!